Uploading the above GPX files to your Garmin device is very simple and a great way to follow our suggested Huerzeler routes in Southern Peloponnese. Once you’ve uploaded your course, you’ll be able to follow it in the navigation menu.
What is GPX?
GPX files are essentially files that give your bike computer the GPS coordinates of your course. In themselves, they aren’t very useful – they are only a GPS map of your route. But when you upload them to a Garmin bike computer, you can then follow the course, and your device will show you which way to go.
Even if you get lost, the device will try to get you back on your course – or at least point you in the right direction.
For uploading GPX files to Garmin bike computer, you will need
Downloading the GPX file
1. Choose the route you prefer to follow
2. Download the GPX file by pressing the link.
3. Save it on your smartphone or computer.
1. Once you have your file saved, go to https://connect.garmin.com/signin/ and log in using your email and password, or if you have not an account yet, click on “Create one”.
2. Open the Training menu on the left-hand side of the page.
3. Within the training menu, navigate to the Courses option. This will open the courses window.
4. Click on Import in the bottom right corner of the courses window
5. Select the file GPX file from your computer, and click Get Started
6. Connect will now prompt you through upload. Select the course type, in our case “Road Cycling”
7. Give the course a name by clicking the pencil icon and set any settings you want to change, then click Save
Click ‘Save New Course’ once done.
Your course has been created and it will display.
Sending to Device
You now need to get the course onto your device. To do this:
That’s it! Now you are ready to follow our suggested routes.